HighlightPoliticsTop StoryTrending Story

NNPP expels Kwankwaso over alleged anti-party activities, mismanagement of campaign funds

1.5k
Advertisement




The National Executive Committee of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) says it has expelled former Kano state governor and its Presidential candidate in 2023 poll, Sen. Rabiu Kwankwaso, over allegations of anti-party activities and mismanagement of party and campaign funds.

His expulsion followed his refusal to appear before the party’s National Executive Council (NEC) disciplinary committee to defend the allegations leveled against him.

This was disclosed in a statement by the Acting National Publicity Secretary of NNPP, Mr Abdulsalam Abdulrasaq.

Persecondnews recalls that Kwankwaso had been earlier suspended by the party’s leadership at the National Convention on August 29 in Lagos.

The NEC had warned that failure to appear before the Disciplinary Committee, Kwankwaso would be expelled from the party in line with the provisions of the party’s constitution 2022 (as amended).

The statement said: “The NEC met in an emergency session on Friday, September 1 and resolved as follows:

“Following the refusal of Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso to appear before the disciplinary committee which sat on Thursday, August 31 after being duly invited in writing, he is hereby expelled from NNPP with immediate effect.

“That the erstwhile presidential candidate, Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso will be reported to appropriate quarters to answer questions on financial impropriety relating to mismanagement of public funds.”

Author

See also  Nigerian governors in crucial meeting over constitutional amendment, healthcare, others

Leave a comment

Related Articles

₦15.8trn Reform Gains Help Strengthen Reserves, Salaries, Student Loans – FG

By Omoyeni Ojeifo The Federal Government disclosed that its economic reforms generated...

Tinubu to Homeland Security Adviser: Develop Five-Year National Defence Plan Within 90 Days

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National...

BREAKING: Security Repels Gunmen Targeting Governor Adeleke’s Entourage in Osogbo

A routine post-election visit turned chaotic on Wednesday when heavily armed assailants...

Adeleke Receives Certificate of Return, Announces N500m Relief Fund for Electoral Violence Victims

Following his victory in the August 15 governorship election, Osun Governor Ademola...