Top Story

Breaking: Alake, Edun left out subsidy removal from my inauguration speech but I announced it — Pres. Tinubu

1.1k
Advertisement




Three weeks after his inauguration, President Bola Tinubu on Friday in far away France disclosed that those who wrote his inaugural address on May 29 did not include petrol subsidy removal.

Tinubu said the duo of Mr Dele Alake and Mr Wale Edun left out the vexed issue of subsidy from the speech handed over to him for delivery on the occasion.

He made the disclosure while meeting with Nigerians residing in France on the sidelines of the two-day financing climate pact summit which ended in Paris on Friday.

Tinubu said when he got to the podium on the inauguration day at Eagles’ square he discovered that they (Alake and Edun) had removed the issue of subsidy from the speech.

“I got emboldened and announced it,” the president said, adding that thereafter he called the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Ltd, GCEO, Mele Kyari, to inform him that subsidy had been removed.

Details shortly..

Author

See also  The Day In Pictures: President Buhari receives Pastor E.A. Adeboye at the State house

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Breaking: Pres. Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Mr. .Abel Enitan as the incoming Head...

Tinubu to Homeland Security Adviser: Develop Five-Year National Defence Plan Within 90 Days

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National...

BREAKING: Security Repels Gunmen Targeting Governor Adeleke’s Entourage in Osogbo

A routine post-election visit turned chaotic on Wednesday when heavily armed assailants...

First Lady Remi Tinubu Unveils Food Bank, Buhari Estate, Health Centre in Ogun

First Lady Senator Oluremi Tinubu launched the South-West Zonal National Community Food...