Highlight

Death toll hits 37 in Adamawa Mosque attack

1k
Advertisement




Anxious family members awaited word on loved ones Tuesday as rescue crews searched grimy debris and ruins for more than a dozen people missing after  a bomb attack at a Mosque in Adamawa state.

The attack occurred in the city of Mubi with a resident saying so far 37 bodies and a dozen more in critical conditions.

He said a suicide bomber blew himself up among the crowds of worshippers, traders and shoppers.

Meanwhile, the Adamawa state police spokesman Othman Abubakar said, “For now (the death toll) is 24,” with residents saying the casualty figures is higher.

Ezra Sakawa, chief medical director of Mubi general hospital, said 27 people died and 56 were injured.

Author

See also  Sacked UNIZIK VC Odoh to Tinubu: You can't fire me through press release

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Just In: Olabiyi-Agoro Succeeds Festus Osifo as New PENGASSAN President

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has...

US Court Blocks Trump’s Visa Suspension for Nigeria, 74 Countries

A US federal judge has struck down the Trump administration’s policy suspending...

Peter Obi Launches 2027 Presidential Campaign with New Blueprint for Nigeria

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), has...

Tinubu Sets Up 2027 Presidential Campaign Machinery, Appoints Yari DG, Uzodimma Secretary

To kick off electioneering ahead of the 2027 general elections, President Bola...