HighlightWorld News

Amid Israeli attacks: Leave Lebanon now, FG tells Nigerians

1.5k
Advertisement




The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) has issued an urgent advisory, urging Nigerians residing in Lebanon to consider relocating due to the escalating tensions between Israel and Iran following Iran’s launch of 180 ballistic missiles on Israel.

NiDCOM, in a statement given to Persecondnews on Wednesday in Abuja, responded to the escalating attacks by Israeli forces on Hezbollah positions and other parts of Lebanon.

The Commission urged Nigerians to take advantage of the commercial flights still operating that allow for a safe exit.

NiDCOM also noted that many Nigerians had already relocated from the more dangerous southern regions of the country to relatively safer areas.

However, it emphasized the need to maintain vigilance and prioritize safety until the declaration of a ceasefire.

“Worried by the attacks on Hezbollah and other areas in Lebanon by the Israeli government, the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission hereby advises Nigerians resident in Lebanon to consider leaving the country now that commercial flights are still in operation.

“Though information from the Nigerian community in Lebanon indicates that most Nigerians have relocated from the southern part and are now relatively safe, we advise them to stay safe until a ceasefire is in place.

“It is gratifying to note that, thus far, no Nigerian has witnessed any form of accident or injury, and we wish to advise them to continue to remain safe while the conflict lasts.

“Nigerians are equally advised to liaise with our embassy in Lebanon for necessary guidance regarding their safety, and be assured that their welfare and safety are of utmost concern to President Bola Tinubu,” the commission’s spokesman, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, said in the statement.

See also  Again, Naira declines against US dollar

Meanwhile, in a message on X.com on Tuesday evening, the Special Assistant to the President on Social Media, Dada Olusegun, through his handle #DOlusegun, said: “Alert! All Nigerians in Lebanon are expected to get in touch with the Nigerian mission for profiling, documentation, and subsequent evacuation.”

Persecondnews recalls that Iran unleashed a massive missile barrage targeting Israel on Tuesday in retaliation for the killings of its backed militant leaders, forcing Israelis to seek shelter and sparking widespread regional alarm.

The Israel Defence Forces reported successfully intercepting all 180 ballistic missiles launched by Iran, according to The Times of Israel.

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

No More Exhaustion: New Guidelines Limit Resident Doctors to 48 Hours a Week

By Omoyeni Ojeifo After years of negotiations with the Federal Government over...

Wunti’s Expertise Positions Nigeria to Maximise Return to World Energy Council — Former OPEC Chief, Aduda

Nigeria’s return to the World Energy Council (WEC), backed by the appointment...

Adeleke: Dancing Is My Hobby, Doesn’t Affect Governance, Extends Olive Branch to Opponents

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Re-elected Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke has defended his...

UBEC Reopens Second-Chance School for Girls, Young Mothers in Lagos

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Girls and young mothers whose education was interrupted by...