Antonio Conte
BreakingHighlightSportsTrending Story

Tottenham appoint Antonio Conte as manager

1.2k
Advertisement




 

Tottenham Hotspur have appointed Antonio Conte as their new manager after the Italian signed a contract to the summer of 2023 with the option to extend, the Premier League club announced on Tuesday.

Tottenham Hotspur have been in the market for a new manager after sacking Nuno Espirito Santo on Monday.

“I can’t wait to start working to convey to the team and the fans the passion, mentality and determination that have always distinguished me, as a player and as a coach, Conte said Tuesday.

“I am extremely happy to return to coaching, and to do so at a Premier League club that has the ambition to be a protagonist again,” Conte, 52, said. Tottenhamhotspur  “Tottenham Hotspur has state-of-the-art facilities and one of the best stadiums in the world.

 

READ ALSO: Antonio Conte sacked by Chelsea

 

Conte, whose previous spell in England lasted two years with Chelsea and earned him league title and FA Cup winner’s medal, had been in talks with Spurs to succeed Jose Mourinho over the summer but negotiations are reported to have broken down over the Italian’s demands to have more control over transfer decisions.

Author

See also  LG autonomy: NLC lauds S'Court judgment, Pres. Tinubu for instituting the lawsuits

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Osun Poll: Situation Room Nigeria Flags BVAS Glitches, Vote Buying, Logistics Gaps Ahead of 2027

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Despite a peaceful turnout for Saturday’s Osun governorship election,...

How NDLEA Denied Traffickers N301Bln in Illicit Drug Investments

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Nearly 330 tonnes of illicit drugs that could have...

Flood Disaster Hits Abuja: 74 Vehicles Submerged as Several Areas Ravaged

By Omoyeni Ojeifo The aftermath of the severe weekend flood in Gudu,...

ABU Law Students Link Classroom to Industry, Celebrate Mining Titan Abubakar Omar

To bridge the gap between legal education and industry practice, the Law...