Vice President Yemi Osinbajo SAN receives a mission debrief from AFDB Officials on the Industrial Zone led by Toda Atsuko- Acting Vice President, Agriculture, Human and Social Development at the State House, Abuja. 16th April, 2021. Photos; Tolani Alli
VP Osinbajo
HighlightPoliticsTrending Story

2023 presidential race: I have not declared interest yet, no business with flying campaign banners, posters – Osinbajo

2.4k
Advertisement




 

“All these are simply needless distractions from the urgent tasks of governance needed in our country at this time’’

“I have not declared any interest whatsoever in the 2023 election, but he is rather focused on working in his capacity as Vice President in the current administration to address all the compelling issues in the country and concerns of Nigerians, including finding effective and lasting solutions to the security challenges and working to further boost the economy’’

As the 2023 presidential race gradually gathers momentum, Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) has distanced himself and his office from the campaign style promotional videos, banners in the social media and posters in some parts of the country.

Osinbajo said the posters in the FCT and Kano, insinuating that he has joined the presidential race should be disregarded.

“All these are simply needless distractions from the urgent tasks of governance needed in our country at this time,’’ he said in a statement by his media aide, Mr Laolu Akande, a copy of which was made available to Persecondnews on Tuesday.

“The Office of the Vice-President wishes to reiterate a statement on the same subject made earlier in May this year.

“The Office of the Vice President is not in any way connected with the distribution and deployment of any 2023 political posters whether on the streets or in online videos, banners and the like on the social media.

“Prof. Osinbajo has not declared any interest whatsoever in the 2023 election, but he is rather focused on working in his capacity as Vice President in the current administration to address all the compelling issues in the country and concerns of Nigerians, including finding effective and lasting solutions to the security challenges and working to further boost the economy,’’ the statement also said.

See also  INEC reads riot act to parties, supporters, eschew violent attacks, focus on issues

Urging Nigerians to desist from such speculations an campaigns, Osinbajo said:“Therefore, we ask that people desist from such publications while we all deal together with the challenges confronting us as Nigerians, and resolve them for the benefit of our people, and the enthronement of peace and prosperity in the land.’’

 

 

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Breaking: Disastrous WAFCON/World Cup Runs:NFF Fires Super Falcons Coaching Crew

Following an unprecedented dismal performance in the just-concluded WAFCON in Morroco, the...

Osun Poll: Situation Room Nigeria Flags BVAS Glitches, Vote Buying, Logistics Gaps Ahead of 2027

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Despite a peaceful turnout for Saturday’s Osun governorship election,...

How NDLEA Denied Traffickers N301Bln in Illicit Drug Investments

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Nearly 330 tonnes of illicit drugs that could have...

Flood Disaster Hits Abuja: 74 Vehicles Submerged as Several Areas Ravaged

By Omoyeni Ojeifo The aftermath of the severe weekend flood in Gudu,...