26 C
Abuja
Saturday, June 6, 2020

Atiku draws praise from business community after revealing economic plans in Lagos

Must Read

Nigerian Government is committed to combating violence against women, girls – Agba

  Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Prince Clem Ikanade Agba, says that the Nigerian government is committed...

NNPC alerts of contaminated diesel in circulation

    The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has alerted the public of contaminated diesel that is harmful to machines and environment...

COVID-19 : Organized Private Sector lauds CBN’s intervention in manufacturing and agribusiness sectors 

    The Central Bank of Nigeria's planned disbursement of N93.2 billion out of N1 trillion intervention fund for manufacturing and agribusiness...

The Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar’s plan on the Nigerian economy and creating jobs  were met with screaming praise at the Eko Hotels and Suites in Lagos on Wednesday.

Atiku and his Vice Presidential candidate Mr. Peter Obi met with hundreds of business leaders with the theme, Getting Nigeria’s Economy Working: A Pragmatic Approach.

“This is not the first policy document I’m creating. I want to assure you I was personally involved and participated in crafting the ideas. I worked with the best experts as well, he said.

“In 2007, when I wanted to run, I worked with experts to produce the Niger Delta Master Plan. When I lost the elections, I handed it over to Yaradua. This document led to the reforms and creation of the Niger Delta Ministry.”

Atiku reiterated that he plans on giving 30% of appointment to women and 40% to youths, since they collectively contribute 70% to the population of the country, in response to a question by Onyeka Onwenu.

The event was moderated by Opeyemi Agbaje.

“We have great optimism that he will usher in a new economy that will help all businessmen and women, said Dr. Idowu Alade, a pharmacist.

 

 

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Nigerian Government is committed to combating violence against women, girls – Agba

  Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Prince Clem Ikanade Agba, says that the Nigerian government is committed...

NNPC alerts of contaminated diesel in circulation

    The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has alerted the public of contaminated diesel that is harmful to machines and environment being sold across the country. It...

COVID-19 : Organized Private Sector lauds CBN’s intervention in manufacturing and agribusiness sectors 

    The Central Bank of Nigeria's planned disbursement of N93.2 billion out of N1 trillion intervention fund for manufacturing and agribusiness sectors has received stakeholders' commendation.   The...

Subsidy removal: Petrol marketers now to fix pump price 

      In line with the new pricing regime for petrol, marketers are now free to fix the price of the commodity, the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency...

Senate President Lawan leads Senate delegation on solidarity visit to Kalu

          Senate President Lawan leads Senate delegation on solidarity visit to Kalu after his release from Kuje Correctional Facility on Thursday  

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -