President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday tapped Mr EDWARD AMETEK ADAMU, as the new deputy central bank governor. Here are 10 things to know about the new appointee.
1. Mr Edward Lametek Adamu was born on 22 June 1959 in Kaltungo Local Government Area of Gombe State.
2. He joined the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN in June 1992.
3. Between 1992 and 2003, he served in several offices of the Engineering Services Department of the Bank handling Project Conception, Evaluation, Contract Documentation, Cost Planning & Control, Project Implementation and Closure of several projects of the Bank including the current CBN Head Office Abuja.
He rose from the position of a Manager to an Assistant Director.
4. In 2008, he was seconded for two years to the Gombe State Government to set-up and run a strategic framework for best practices in procurement.
5. In 2010, he served as Programme Director (Head of the Projects Planning and Implementation Division) handling multi-dimensional large scale projects for the Bank
6. He was appointed Director of the Strategy Management Department in 2012
7. Together with Messrs. Palladium Consultants, he was part of the team that developed the first Strategy Execution Framework in the Bank in 2012.
8. In 2016, he was appointed Director, Human Resources Department of the Bank to give effect to the Human Resources Transformation program initiated during his role as Director Strategy Management Department.
9. He has Engineering degree (Quantity Surveying), Second Class Upper from the Faculty of Engineering at Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and is a Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors.
Postgraduate Professional Certifications in Corporate Strategy Development and Execution, Performance Management, Programme & Project Management and Knowledge Management. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Credit Administration of Nigeria.
He acquired skill-sets in Strategic Leadership, Central Banking, Finance, Human Resources, Organisational Transformation, Risk Management, Budgeting & Cost Management, Construction Management, Records Management, Communications & Relationship Management, Coaching & Mentoring and Procurement through a variety of Wharton School USA, INSEAD France, Chicago Booth & IMD Switzerland courses and practical.
10. Mr Adamu is a frequent presenter at professional conferences, seminars and symposia especially in the areas of leadership, human capital management, project management, construction, strategy and risk management.
An active member of several professional bodies: o The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors; o Project Management Institute, USA; o International Knowledge Management Institute, USA; o International Society for Performance Improvement, USA; o and the Association of Project Managers, UK.