Well
HighlightTrending Story

Horrendous! Dad, 60, son, 35, plunge into well, brought out stone dead

1k
Advertisement




Again plunges into a deep well have claimed the lives of a 60-year-old father and lslamic cleric, Malam Bala and his 35-year-old son, Sunusi at Sabon Garin Bauchi in Wudil council area of Kano State.

Persecondnews reports that the tragic incident which occurred on Tuesday morning threw the community into grief.

Both the father and his son were invited to help drain a well for a fee and fell into it one after the other.

An official said: ”We received an emergency call from Wudil fire station at about 11:30 a.m from one Isma’ila Idris that two men had been trapped inside a well.

”We immediately sent our rescue team to the scene at about 11:33 a.m.

But, the son went back into the well to clear it and he was trapped and suffocated.

“His father went after him to rescue him and he also got trapped and suffocated due to the lack of oxygen inside the well,” a spokesman of the State Fire Service, Alhaji Saminu Abdullahi, said on Wednesday in Kano.

According to him, both were brought out of the well lifeless and were later confirmed dead.

He also confirmed that the cause of their deaths was lack of oxygen.

Persecondnews recalls that plunges into wells in the state have become a common occurrence.

In December 10, 2020, a girl had died in similar circumstances while in September 2021 another man had stabbed himself before plunging into well.

A 49-year-old man, Balarabe Adamu, who stabbed himself before plunging into a well.

A government official had advised the public to put their trust in God and refrain from committing suicide.

See also  COVID-19: We 'll unearth Kano mysterious deaths, says SGF

Read Also: Ibrahim Attahiru: Remembering a patriot and man of hope

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Centenarian Woman Arrested With Cannabis As NDLEA Uncovers First Thailand Maritime Drug Route

By Omoyeni Ojeifo The arrest of a 101-year-old woman for drug dealing...

Just In: Olabiyi-Agoro Succeeds Festus Osifo as New PENGASSAN President

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has...

US Court Blocks Trump’s Visa Suspension for Nigeria, 74 Countries

A US federal judge has struck down the Trump administration’s policy suspending...

Peter Obi Launches 2027 Presidential Campaign with New Blueprint for Nigeria

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), has...