HighlightPolitics

Kwankwaso Didn’t Purchase 69 Nomination Forms, Says PRP

711
Advertisement




By Omoyeni Ojeifo

The People’s Redemption Party (PRP) has debunked allegations linking former Kano State Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso to the purchase of 69 nomination forms for political offices in Kano, describing the claims as baseless.

Reacting to the allegation during an interview on Arise News monitored by Persecondnews on Tuesday, PRP National Chairman, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, maintained that the claim was fabricated and contrary to the party’s nomination process.

“This is complete fiction. There is no way former Governor Kwankwaso could have bought 69 forms from the PRP in Kano. We don’t sell forms in Kano; we sell forms from Abuja. The man who made the allegation is not known to the party at all,” he said.

Baba-Ahmed also confirmed that Kwankwaso and former Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi had previously held discussions with the PRP about joining the party, but both politicians later decided not to proceed.

He emphasised that the party has no faction and maintained that ongoing legal disputes involving its members were part of the normal democratic process.

“The party has no faction. We came through a very difficult and demanding period, but as I speak to you now, we are a very healthy party.”

Baba-Ahmed further outlined the party’s prospects ahead of the next general election, saying the PRP is mobilising across the country and intends to present itself as an alternative to the existing political parties.

He said the party would focus on addressing challenges in governance, the economy and insecurity, while presenting what he described as a new direction for Nigerians.

See also  Gov. Sani Defends State Police, Says Funding Should Never Be a Problem

“We will fight those who are killing Nigerians. Those who are willing to talk with us, we will talk with them on the basis that they recognise they have committed crimes against this nation, and they will pay a price for it”.

“But we will not rule out talking with anybody who wants to put down their arms and stop attacking Nigerians”, he added.

Baba-Ahmed announced that the PRP would unveil its manifesto in the coming weeks, outlining its plans for the economy, security and national development ahead of the next election.

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Centenarian Woman Arrested With Cannabis As NDLEA Uncovers First Thailand Maritime Drug Route

By Omoyeni Ojeifo The arrest of a 101-year-old woman for drug dealing...

Just In: Olabiyi-Agoro Succeeds Festus Osifo as New PENGASSAN President

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has...

US Court Blocks Trump’s Visa Suspension for Nigeria, 74 Countries

A US federal judge has struck down the Trump administration’s policy suspending...

Peter Obi Launches 2027 Presidential Campaign with New Blueprint for Nigeria

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), has...