Highlight

FCT Authority to shut down unapproved bus parks in 2025

1k
Advertisement




The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Nyesom Wike, has announced that the ministry will no longer tolerate unapproved bus parks in the city centre by 2025, once the modern bus terminals currently under construction become operational.

Wike said this after inspecting two of the bus terminals under construction in Nyanya and Mabushi.

The minister previously stated that he would not take action against operators of illegal parks without providing an alternative for the public.

Wike, who was satisfied with the pace of work on the terminals, had given a 15-month timeline for the contractors, which elapses in October 2025, but the contractors said the projects would be ready for commissioning by January.

He said: “I am so excited. This site was flagged off on July 1, and within three months, you can see what they have been able to do.

“The time given to them is 15 months to complete the project, but with the speed the contractor is going, we believe it will be before that 15 months.

“He has also told us that by January, he will deliver those projects—in Mabushi and Kugbo—to us.

“I am happy that at the end of the day, the residents of Abuja will see that we have changed the landscape of the area; we have given them an efficient transportation system, and we are very happy with what we have seen.

“By the time we finish these (terminals), you don’t need to be having those ones; we won’t allow buses and taxis to pick up on the roads. Everybody has to move to the various terminals.”

See also  Exclusive: National Convention: PDP in Constitutional Quagmire

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Abuja Welcomes 3,000 Delegates for 2026 World PR Forum on Misinformation, Trust

By Omoyeni Ojeifo As fake news and misinformation undermine global public trust,...

Three Days After Osun Poll, APC’s Oyebamiji Concedes to Gov. Adeleke

Three days after losing the August 15 Osun governorship election, Mr. Bola...

Afrophobia: Private Donors Fund Return of 83 Nigerians From South Africa

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Eighty-three Nigerians are expected to return home from South...

Breaking: Disastrous WAFCON/World Cup Runs:NFF Fires Super Falcons Coaching Crew

Following an unprecedented dismal performance in the just-concluded WAFCON in Morroco, the...