Journalism of Courage

BREAKING: Fire at Federal Ministry of Finance, Abuja, brought under control

The incident, described as a minor fire, was reportedly caused by an explosion of expired inverter batteries at the basement of the building. 

 

 

Early morning fire has hit the Federal Ministry of Finance, Abuja. 

 

The incident, described as a minor fire, was reportedly caused by an explosion of expired inverter batteries at the basement of the building. 

 

An official of the ministry, who described it as “a minor fire incident”, said movable fire extinguishers strategically located in the premises were deployed to put out the fire.

 

Firefighters had promptly arrived at the scene but it was already brought under control.

 

However, there was no casualty or serious damage to the building.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.