CrimeFeaturedHighlightTrending Story

Carrot thief banished from circulation for two years

890


Guilt-racked carrot thief is to spend the next 24 months behind the bars, a court ruled on Thursday.
The 25-year-old trader, Abba Arando, was convicted after he pleaded guilty to theft of carrots valued at N65,000.
An Upper Area Court sitting in Kasuwan Nama in Jos presided over by Justice Lawal Suleiman, also found him guilty of trespass and mischief
He, however, gave Arando an option of  N20,000 fine and advised him to turn a new leaf.
Police Prosecutor Ibrahim Gokwat had earlier told the court that the case was reported at the Laranto Police Station, Jos on  Sept. 5 by the complainant, Ahamad Mohammed.
Gokwat said that the convict had confessed to trespassing, harvesting and stealing carrots worth N65,000  from the complainant’s farm.
The offences contravened Sections 327, 312 and 271 of the Penal Code.

Author

See also  "Amotekun": Gov. Lalong backs Southwest, says North ready for similar outfit

Leave a comment

Related Articles

After 3-Year Shutdown, Alaoji Power Plant Restores Supply to National Grid

By Joycelyn Ellakeche Adah After lying dormant for nearly three years due...

Marwa Calls for Stronger National Fight Against Drug Abuse

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Disturbed by the rising trend of drug promotion in...

Prof. Aina, 39, Appointed JAMB Registrar in Major Reform Push

By Omoyeni Ojeifo In a move aimed at strengthening digital transformation within...

Nigeria, Italy Partner on $5bln Education Drive to Curb Youth Unemployment, Migration

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Nigeria and Italy have opened talks on a $5...