in ,

Muslim Pilgrims Perform Tawaf of Arrival in Makkah on First Day of Hajj 2020

The pilgrims, some of them carrying umbrellas to protect against the fierce sun, observed social distancing as they circumambulated the Kaaba

Pilgrims 2020

 

 

Pilgrims in white Ihram garments on Wednesday July 29 performing Tawaf Al-Qudum (Tawaf of Arrival) on the first day of Hajj 2020 in the holy city of Makkah. This is the initial Tawaf carried out upon entering Makkah’s Grand Mosque (Al-Masjid Al-Haram).

 

Pilgrims at Makkah 2020

The pilgrims embarked on the first day of their Hajj journey after finishing four days of isolation in Makkah and prior to that a weeklong quarantine at home, part of the strict preventative health measures to guard against COVID-19 Coronavirus. The pilgrims, some of them carrying umbrellas to protect against the fierce sun, observed social distancing as they circumambulated the Kaaba.

Per Second News report that the 2020 pilgrimage this year is limited to citizens and residents of Saudi Arabia, who meet preset conditions and have been subjected to quarantine procedures.

Individuals from 160 nationalities residing in the Kingdom have been selected to perform the Hajj. Residents in Saudi Arabia make up to 70% of the total number of pilgrims while citizens make up the remaining 30%. The number of pilgrims for this year’s Hajj has been dramatically reduced to ensure social distancing measures are adhered to.

 

 

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Report

What do you think?

Written by Per Second News

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Loading…

0

Renewed Niger Delta agitation, protests: Osinbajo, Sylva, Otuaro in closed-door meeting 

Patriach of Afenifere family, Pa Ayo Fasanmi, dies at 94