[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he Joint Health Sector Unions and Assembly of Healthcare Professionals, JOHESU, have denied claims that they have called off their strike and vowed not to relent on their demands to have a proposed collective bargaining agreement approved.
“This is to inform all members that the strike is still on, a press statement will be issued tomorrow by 10.am where details of covered grounds shall be rendered thereby clearing any ambiguity as regards the ongoing strike action, said the workers in a group chat intercepted by Per Second News Sunday morning.
“Tremendous success has been achieved, let’s await the communiqué tomorrow. From the desk of our National president that whatever success recorded is as a result of the enormous grass root support he enjoys from all of us.”
” “We are not going to relent on our push to have salary adjustments, promotion arrears, and improved work environment for members, the workers said.
The national chairman of the union, Biobelemoye Josiah, on Saturday said the strike had been suspended “in principle”, as a NEC meeting of the union will be held on Tuesday to take the final decision.
They complain of being overworked and underpaid, affecting morale, research, teaching and innovation outputs.
They also claim that all efforts to have representation in the negotiations by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission have been frustrated.