HighlightTop Story

Suicide attack kills at least 15 in Borno state

988
Advertisement




[dropcap]A [/dropcap]suicide attack at an aid distribution point in the town of Konduga, Borno state left at least 15 people dead on  Monday.

“It happened during aid distribution by an [non-governmental organization], when people had gathered to receive donations,” one rescue worker, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Press TV. He said 43 people were injured.

It’s unclear who was responsible for the bombing, though officials said it bore the hallmark of a Boko Haram attack.

Earlier this month, Amnesty International said that though Nigeria has claimed victory over Boko Haram, the group has been responsible for a recent spike in civilian deaths in Nigeria and Cameroon.

Amnesty International said the rise in attacks may be explained by the displacement of Boko Haram militants from the Sambisa Forest in Nigeria to the Mandara Mountains in Cameroon.

Attacks by the group killed at least 223 civilians in Nigeria and 158 in Cameroon since April, double the number of civilian deaths in the five months leading up to April.

 

 

 

Author

See also  2000 days after, 112 Chibok girls still missing- BBOG

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Ogogo Too Fragile, Weak to Be Taken Around for Spiritual Consultations – Family

By Segun Adebayo The family of veteran Yoruba actor, Alhaji Taiwo Babatunde...

Breaking: Pres. Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Mr. .Abel Enitan as the incoming Head...

₦15.8trn Reform Gains Help Strengthen Reserves, Salaries, Student Loans – FG

By Omoyeni Ojeifo The Federal Government disclosed that its economic reforms generated...

Tinubu to Homeland Security Adviser: Develop Five-Year National Defence Plan Within 90 Days

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National...