Highlight

Vinicius Junior Hailed as Ballon d’Or Favourite After Stunning Hat-Trick

"Vinicius is going to win (the Ballon d'Or), not for what he did tonight, but for what he did last year"

1.3k
Advertisement




Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has lavished praise on Vinicius Junior following his match-winning hat-trick against Dortmund in the Champions League.

The Brazilian forward’s exceptional performance propelled Real Madrid from a 2-0 deficit to a thrilling 5-2 victory.

Ancelotti described Vinicius’ second-half display as “extraordinary,” citing his character and ability to make a difference.

He confidently predicted Vinicius will win the Ballon d’Or next Monday, attributing the award to his outstanding performances last season.

“Vinicius is going to win (the Ballon d’Or), not for what he did tonight, but for what he did last year.

“These three goals are already going to count for next year’s Ballon d’Or, that’s for sure. He is a player who gets whistled at because he can make a difference,” Ancelotti said.

In a rematch of last season’s final, Ancelotti said there was no panic in the changing room after Real went into the halftime break two goals down and that his side had the maturity and experience to understand what they needed to do to come back.

Real Madrid’s comeback was sparked by Rudiger’s 60th-minute header, followed by Vinicius’ equalizer two minutes later.

Lucas Vazquez gave Real Madrid the lead in the 83rd minute, before Vinicius sealed the win with two late goals.

Ancelotti revealed there was no panic in the dressing room at halftime, instead focusing on tactical adjustments and increased intensity.

He highlighted the team’s transformation in the second half, emphasizing the importance of learning from their mistakes.

The victory lifts Real Madrid to six points from three Champions League games.

See also  Ambassador Ade Adefuye: Nigerians remember Martin Luther King Jr.

They face Barcelona in La Liga on Saturday.

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Just In: Olabiyi-Agoro Succeeds Festus Osifo as New PENGASSAN President

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has...

US Court Blocks Trump’s Visa Suspension for Nigeria, 74 Countries

A US federal judge has struck down the Trump administration’s policy suspending...

Peter Obi Launches 2027 Presidential Campaign with New Blueprint for Nigeria

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), has...

Tinubu Sets Up 2027 Presidential Campaign Machinery, Appoints Yari DG, Uzodimma Secretary

To kick off electioneering ahead of the 2027 general elections, President Bola...