Top Story

First batch of Nigerian nationals evacuated from troubled Sudan arrive on Friday — Official

1k
Advertisement




Barring any hitch, the first batch of Nigerian evacuees from troubled Sudan is expected to arrive in Nigeria on Friday, according to an official.

Currently, about three million Nigerians are resident in Sudan, the highest figure of the country’s citizens in the diaspora, the Federal Government also disclosed.

The government said it was eager for the “war to come to an end quickly.”

The Chairman/ CEO of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, disclosed this at the 70th ministerial briefing organized by the Presidential Communications team held at the State House.

The evacuation of nationals is part of the government’s intervention to rescue them from the war-torn country.

She said about 13 buses have departed from two universities in Khartoum, the Sudanese capital, transporting stranded Nigerian students to the Aswan border in Egypt for airlifting to Nigeria.

Dabiri-Erewa said more Nigerians were expressing interest in returning to Nigeria than previously indicated.

Details shortly…..

Author

See also  2023: Opposition might take over power if APC’s lingering crisis is unresolved – Buhari

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Tinubu, Shettima Head APC Presidential Campaign Council, Yari Named DG

President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima have been named chairman...

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs as ICPC uncovers another fake agency

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate suspension of three Permanent Secretaries...

Osun Gov. Adeleke Visits Aso Villa, Presents Certificate of Return to Pres. Tinubu

President Bola Tinubu received Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke at the Aso...

Breaking: Pres. Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Mr. .Abel Enitan as the incoming Head...