The Nigerian Army Headquarters in Abuja has been gutted by fire.
An electrical fault caused a minor fire at the complex on Tuesday morning, according to Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima, the Director, Army Public Relations.
The inferno was caused by faulty electrical installations, he said.
A statement said: “The incident which happened at about 10.15am was as a result of minor electrical fault in one of the offices.
“The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.
“The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident and normalcy has since returned to the complex.”