Top Story

Court drops Ronaldo rape charges

786


Football star Cristiano Ronaldo will not face sexual assault charges as the alleged victim’s claims could not “be proven beyond reasonable doubt,” according to US prosecutors.

Ronaldo was served  with court papers regarding the alleged rape of American woman Kathryn Mayorga last month. The footballer denied the allegations and his legal team later said they were willing to reach an out-of-court settlement with Mayorga and resolve the matter through a mediator.

Kathryn Mayorga, Vergewaltigungsopfer, sie sagt, dass sie 2009 im Palms Hotel in Las Vegas, von Cristiano Ronaldo vergewaltigt wurde, Vergewaltigungsvorwurf, der Fall Kathryn Mayorga versus Cristiano Ronaldo, Las Vegas, USA

Mayorga, who claims she was raped by the Juventus player in 2009, accepted a hush-money payment of $375,000 from him a year later, but sought to have the case reopened in 2018, with her lawyer claiming she was inspired to speak out again by the #MeToo movement.

However, prosecutors said on Monday they could not substantiate Mayorga’s claims, and therefore “no charges will be forthcoming.” 

Author

See also  Coastal Highway: FG Opens 47.47km Lagos–Calabar Stretch for Yuletide Movement

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Just In: President Tinubu Appoints Segun Aina to Succeed Oloyede as JAMB Registrar

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Segun Aina, a professor of Computer Engineering...

APC Drops Shehu Buba, Clears Tuggar, Bala Wunti for High-Stakes Bauchi 2027 Race

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has reportedly cleared Nigeria’s former Minister of...

Breaking: CBN holds benchmark interest rate at 26.5% in ongoing inflation fight

In a bid to curb inflation and stabilize the naira, the Central...

Oyo School Attack: Kidnapped principal’s husband, Prof. Alamu urges caution to protect rescue mission

Rescue operations are underway for the students, teachers, and administrators abducted from...