Robbers
CrimeHighlight

8-member gang of Nigerians sentenced to death for armed robbery in UAE

1.2k
Advertisement




Eight Nigerian men have been sentenced to death in the United Arab Emirate Thursday for carrying out a string of armed robberies at money exchanges and cash machines in the emirate last year.

A ninth man was sentenced to six months followed by deportation for possession of stolen money, according to media reports in Sharjah.

The convicts were of a nine-member gang of Nigerians who entered establishments by force and slashed staff and members of the public with bladed weapons in 2018. The gang had committed a series of robberies across the emirate, said the gulf news.

A prosecutor told Gulf News that as per the law, a group of people who threaten the life of others while committing robbery are subject to the death sentence, however an appeal is expected to be launched and the sentences could get downgraded to life imprisonment.

Author

See also  Adamawa Govt. Gifts Super Falcons' Coach Madugu House, N50m

Leave a comment

Related Articles

US Court Blocks Trump’s Visa Suspension for Nigeria, 74 Countries

A US federal judge has struck down the Trump administration’s policy suspending...

Peter Obi Launches 2027 Presidential Campaign with New Blueprint for Nigeria

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), has...

Tinubu Sets Up 2027 Presidential Campaign Machinery, Appoints Yari DG, Uzodimma Secretary

To kick off electioneering ahead of the 2027 general elections, President Bola...

Eid ul Mawlid: FG Declares August 25 Public Holiday

By Omoyeni Ojeifo The Federal Government has declared Tuesday, August 25, a...