Highlight

Presidency to El-Rufai: Move on after ministerial snub

1k
Advertisement




President Bola Tinubu’s Special Adviser on Information and Strategy, Mr. Bayo Onanuga, says former Kaduna Gov. Nasir El-Rufai, is hurting due to being left out of Tinubu’s ministerial appointments.

El-Rufai was initially nominated as a minister but was eventually screened out by the Senate.

Onanuga, speaking on Channels Television’s “Sunrise Daily” on Tuesday, acknowledged El-Rufai’s contributions to Tinubu’s presidential campaign but noted that it’s time for him to move on.

“I will pity former Kaduna State governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, he feels hurt that he was not made a minister, but I think it’s time for him to move on,” Onanuga said.

“You cannot continue to behave like a child as if someone stole his bread and things like that and then you are crying over spilt milk.”

Persecondnews recalls that El-Rufai had earlier stated that the Senate rejected his nomination, accusing President Tinubu of being responsible for his rejection.

“The National Assembly had nothing to do with it, the president didn’t want me in his cabinet,” El-Rufai said during an interview on Arise TV’s Prime Time on Monday.

He also criticized the party’s leadership, stating that its organs have been inactive since Tinubu assumed office.

The former governor disclosed that Tinubu personally publicly requested his support and assured him of a ministerial nomination, which came with certain conditions.

However, the president later withdrew the offer.

El-Rufai challenged the alleged security concerns cited for his rejection, insisting there was no report against him.

“What was the security issue the National Assembly had against me? Where is the report after serving as governor for two-terms of eight years and a former minister?” he asked.

See also  University zookeeper mangled fatally by young lion he raised nine years ago

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

FG’s MBTE Restructuring Targets Skilled, Job-Ready Graduates

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Nigeria’s heavy reliance on informal employment is driving the...

NISO, NBET Move to Tackle Power Sector Liquidity Crisis, Attract New Investment

By Joycelyn Ellakeche Adah The Nigerian Independent System Operator (NISO) and the...

National Peace Committee to Track Parties’ Compliance With 2027 Election Accord

By Omoyeni Ojeifo With 2027 general election campaigns set to kick off...

2027 Elections: Parties Sign National Peace Accord for Violence-Free Campaigns

By Omoyeni Ojeifo Ahead of the 2027 general election, the National Peace...