Entertainment

Ogun Police Deny Broda Shaggi Shooting, Fans Worry about His Whereabouts

748


Anxiety heightened over the weekend over the whereabouts and condition of popular Nigerian skitmaker Broda Shaggi following reports that he was allegedly shot in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State.

News of the alleged incident filtered into town late Thursday, with claims circulating on social media that the entertainer, whose real name is Samuel Perry, sustained a gunshot wound while filming a comedy skit.

The report quickly spread across online platforms, triggering panic among fans and members of the entertainment community.

However, the Ogun State Police Command has firmly denied knowledge of such an incident within its jurisdiction, saying no official report of a shooting involving the entertainer had been received by any police formation in the state.

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Oluseyi B. Babasiyi, the command said it could not confirm that the alleged shooting occurred anywhere in Ogun State, adding that no such case had been reported to the police.

“The Ogun State Police Command wishes to address reports alleging that the entertainer Broda Shaggi was shot within Ogun State.

For clarity, the Command cannot confirm that such an incident occurred anywhere within its jurisdiction.

Additionally, no such incident has been reported at any Police formation across the State,” the statement said.

Despite the police denial, tension has continued to mount as attempts to reach the comedian have so far proved unsuccessful.

Calls placed to his mobile numbers as of Saturday reportedly failed to connect, while his management team also did not respond to repeated calls seeking clarification.

See also  Rico Swavey on life support as colleagues launch fundraiser

The silence has further fueled speculation, with some of his close friends and colleagues saying they were unaware of his exact whereabouts and were not in a position to comment publicly on the situation.

Meanwhile, the police said investigations had been launched to verify the circulating claims and determine the true circumstances surrounding the report, urging members of the public to rely only on official communication while the probe continues.

Findings by Per Second News, however, indicate that the entertainer is alive, although sources suggested he may not be in a position to speak publicly at the moment, leaving fans and followers anxiously awaiting confirmation from him or his team.

Authors

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Pity my soul, Chike pleads over allegation linking him to Frank Edoho’s crashed marriage

By David Adebayo Amid mounting online pressure, Nigerian singer Chike has broken...

Guinness World Record reacts to Queen Mercy Atang’s ‘bread-inspired’ AMVCA look

By David Adebayo Former Big Brother Naija star Queen Mercy Atang might...

Romantic roles with Daniel strictly professional, Bolaji Ogunmola clears the air

By David Adebayo Actress and filmmaker Bolaji Ogunmola has dismissed any suggestion...

Kate Henshaw, Uche Jombo, Ninalowo, Others Mourn Alex Ekubo as Per Second News Exclusive Breaks Story of Actor’s Death

By David Adebayo The reported passing of popular Nollywood star Alex Ekubo...