Mr. Andrew Wynne
Top Story

Wanted Briton Wynne to Nigeria Police: I’m not a fugitive, no plot against Tinubu

1.2k
Advertisement




Mr. Andrew Wynne, a British national who was declared wanted by the Nigeria Police, has refuted allegations of plotting against President Bola Tinubu’s government.

Wynne, who appeared on Monday’s edition of Channels Television’s Politics Today from his base in the United Kingdom, said he was not aware he had been labeled a fugitive.

His response came on the heels of the Nigeria Police announcing a N20 million reward for information leading to his arrest, alongside suspected accomplice, Mr. Lucky Obiyan.

Persecondnews recalls that the Force spokesperson, ACP Muyiwa Adejobi, had at a media briefing on Monday alleged that the Wynne was building a network of sleeper cells to destabilize the government and create chaos in the country.

Wynne, however, countered that it was implausible for him to plot against the government of a country that had hosted him for 25 years.

He said: “I am not aware that I am a fugitive. I am not aware that I am running away from the law. I have been visiting Nigeria for 25 years and have had a bookshop in the NLC office right in the centre of Abuja for seven years. All that time, of course, the security forces have paid no interest in me.

“I have always had one nationality. The name on my passport is Andrew Wynne, and I operate with a nickname.

“I think it really started as differentiating in the sense of the broad political education work that I do with the bookshop.

“I am more than happy to talk to the police and have a discussion on WhatsApp or Zoom. I am more than happy to go to London and meet with officials from the Nigerian High Commission. If they want to start a conversation, then I think that is more than adequate.”

See also  Just in: Pres. Tinubu confers national honours on Super Eagles, gifts them houses, land in Abuja

Wynne’s wife, also a guest on the program, vehemently denied any involvement by her husband in the alleged terrorist activity, claiming the accusations were fabricated to persecute him.

Author

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Tinubu suspends 3 Perm Secs as ICPC uncovers another fake agency

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate suspension of three Permanent Secretaries...

Osun Gov. Adeleke Visits Aso Villa, Presents Certificate of Return to Pres. Tinubu

President Bola Tinubu received Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke at the Aso...

Breaking: Pres. Tinubu Appoints Abel Enitan as New Head of Civil Service

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Mr. .Abel Enitan as the incoming Head...

Tinubu to Homeland Security Adviser: Develop Five-Year National Defence Plan Within 90 Days

President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate preparation of a comprehensive National...