Mrs. Toyin Sogbesan, the General Manager of OGBC.
Highlight

OGBC gets new digital transmitter

Gov. Dapo Abiodun signed the approval for the transmitter purchase in December 2023, according to Mrs. Toyin Sogbesan, the General Manager of OGBC.

809

The Ogun State Government has delivered a 5-kilowatt state-of-the-art transmitter to the State Broadcasting Corporation (OGBC).

Gov. Dapo Abiodun signed the approval for the transmitter purchase in December 2023, according to Mrs. Toyin Sogbesan, the General Manager of OGBC.

She noted that the 5 kw transmitter, manufactured to specification on March 19, 2024, by RVR Elletronica, Bologna, Italy, was delivered to OGBC on April 6, 2024, by their country representative, Ecalpemos Nig Ltd., Kaduna.

Sogbesan said the transmitter will go a long way in enhancing OGBC’s reach and providing unparalleled service to its numerous listeners by ushering in a new era of broadcasting excellence.

The new 5-kilowatt transmitter, which will replace the old 35kw transmitter, when installed, will boost an impressive broadcasting range, extending OGBC signal coverage to previously underserved areas and ensuring crystal-clear reception for its loyal audience, she said.

“The benefits of the new transmitter goes beyond mere technical capabilities as it will expand OGBC’s reach, with the aim to become an integral part of the daily lives of residents in and around Ogun State by providing them with high-quality programming, up-to-date news, and engaging content.

“With this news transmitter, the era of epileptic transmission is over. OGBC can now run at its full capacity. The people of Ogun East and Ogun West will be better informed of government activities and programs. OGBC’s coverage areas will be enhanced.

“Our clients will now have greater value for their money with the wider coverage areas of the new transmitter. All our flagship and late-night shows will be back on air. No more shutting down because of the obsolete transmitter,” Sogbesan said.

She expressed gratitude to Gov. Abiodun and Mr. Tokunbo Talabi, Secretary to the State Government, for the gesture.

Leave a comment

Related Articles

NNPCL announces new eight-member management team

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has unveiled a new eight-member...

Abuja AWVCC: Al-Ahly of Egypt Dominates Soccocim of Senegal in Straight Sets

Record holders Al-Ahly of Egypt secured a convincing straight-set win (25-10, 25-14,...

Updated: Akpoti-Uduaghan’s lawyer pushes for consolidated hearing amid interview ban, case adjourned until May 12

Mr. Jibril Okutepa (SAN), counsel to the suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has...

Tinubu’s Adviser on Political Affairs, Dr. Baba-Ahmed, Quits

Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, the Special Adviser on Political Matters in the Office...

Updated: Appeal Court lacks jurisdiction to enter any pronouncement in favour of Abure – Supreme Court

The Supreme Court has ruled that the Appeal Court overstepped its bounds...

Just in: Akpabio denies Akpoti-Uduaghan’s assassination claim, calls allegation false, malicious

Few days after suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan accused him of working with...

Just in: Court bars parties in Akpoti-Uduaghan’s suit against Akpabio, others from press interviews

A Federal High Court in Abuja has issued a gag order, prohibiting...

Court halts Pro-Wike rally in Bayelsa, adjourns until April 11 for hearing

A scheduled April 12 rally in support of Minister of the Federal...

Rivers Assembly bombing: Court restrains Police, SSS from arresting Fubara’s Chief of Staff, Ehie

A Rivers State High Court sitting in Port Harcourt has issued an...

Oil price takes a hit, slides 6.8% to $69.90 per barrel due to Trump’s tariff

The price of Nigeria’s Bonny Light on Thursday dropped to $69.90 per...

Updated: INEC Reveals Why Sen. Akpoti-Uduaghan’s Recall Failed to Gain Momentum

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will not proceed with...

My alleged collapse, a desperate attempt to score cheap political points – Wike

Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister Nyesom Wike has categorically denied social media...

Edo Elections Tribunal’s Judgment, Temporary Setback, Set To Appeal – PDP Chairman

The Edo State Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal’s verdict of April 2 has...

National Unity Torch Ignites in Nasarawa, Benue States, Fostering Spirit of Unity, Solidarity

The Unity Torch for the 22nd National Sports Festival has successfully made...

Abuja AWVCC: APR Rwanda Stages Dramatic Comeback to Defeat Carthage Tunisia 3-1

In a thrilling match at the ongoing 2025 African Women’s Volleyball Club...

Trump Unveils Sweeping Trade Tariff Plan, Redefining Global Commerce

In a move that could significantly impact global trade, U.S. President Donald...

Niger Delta Sports Festival Kicks Off in Uyo, Aligns with RHINSE Initiative

The Niger Delta Sports Festival kicked off in grand style on Wednesday,...

Edo tribunal gives third judgment, dismisses PDP, Ighodalo’s petition against Okpebholo’s election

For the third time on Wednesday, the Edo State Governorship Election Petition...

NOC extols late Taekwondo President Saidu Abdullahi

The Nigeria Olympic Committee (NOC) has described the passing away of Saidu...

FCT Minister Wike Approves Employment of 34 Resident Doctors

In a significant stride towards enhancing healthcare services in the Federal Capital...