Building Collapse Ebute Metta, Lagos
BreakingHighlightTop StoryTrending Story

Just in: Lagos Sunday night three-storey building collapse: Death toll rises to five

1k
Advertisement




Late Sunday night three-storey building collapse in Lagos has so far claimed five lives including a mother and her son.

Several other occupants of the tenement apartments were also injured and taken to the hospital.

The incident occurred at 24, Ibadan St., Herbert Macaulay Way, Ebute Meta on the mainland which harbours a jungle of old buildings about 10.56pm on Sunday.

“Death toll has risen to five,” officials of the National Emergency Management Agency said on Monday.

According to the Southwest Zonal Coordinator of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, the deceased persons included three males and two females.

He said about occupants of the disintegrated building numbering 23 have been successfully rescued.

Persecondnews reports that rescue operations are still ongoing at the site in search of the four remaining occupants of the building believed to be trapped in the rubble.

The area has been cordoned off to facilitate a seamless evacuation of the rubble.

The corpses of the deceased have been deposited at the hospital morgue.

Author

See also  Covid-19: Independent petrol marketers promise seamless products supply, distribution 

Leave a comment

Related Articles

Just In: Olabiyi-Agoro Succeeds Festus Osifo as New PENGASSAN President

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has...

US Court Blocks Trump’s Visa Suspension for Nigeria, 74 Countries

A US federal judge has struck down the Trump administration’s policy suspending...

Peter Obi Launches 2027 Presidential Campaign with New Blueprint for Nigeria

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), has...

Tinubu, Shettima Head APC Presidential Campaign Council, Yari Named DG

President Bola Tinubu and Vice President Kashim Shettima have been named chairman...