25.4 C
Abuja
Thursday, July 2, 2020

At last, 286 stranded Nigerians in China Arrive in Abuja, quarantined

Must Read

COVID-19 transmission: NCDC blames youths, says responsible for fatalities of the aged 

  The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has blamed youths for the transmission of Coronavirus and infecting the elderly across...

NSITF MD, Executive Directors, others given the boot 

  The Managing Director/Chief Executive of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), Mr Adebayo Somefun, has been suspended indefinitely...

NNPC allays fears of fire outbreak on vandalized Lagos pipeline  

  The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has allayed the fears of Lagos residents of a possible fire outbreak from...

 

 

After several weeks of sending a “Save-Our-Souls’’ to the Federal Government, the 286 Nigerians stranded in China as a result of the COVID-19 lockdown on Saturday arrived in Abuja.

The stranded and humiliated Nigerians, who were evacuated by the government, arrived at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja, at 2.30 pm.

Persecondnews had reported that the stranded Nigerians were subjected to various inhuman conditions with some of them including students ejected from their homes and the stranded businessmen amid COVID-19 were also thrown out of their hotels into the streets and under the bridges pounded by torrential rainfall.

They were also quarantined several times after they had been quaranited and tested negative for coronavirus.

The issue almost degenerated to a diplomatic face-off between Nigeria and China as Nigeria’s Foreign Affairs Ministry and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila “invited’’ the Chinese Ambasador in Nigeria.

The Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, who announced this, said the returnees would proceed on mandatory 14 days isolation.

“268 stranded Nigerians in China lands in Abuja International Airport at exactly 2:30pm Nigerian time today, 30th May 2020.

“All evacuees will be proceeding on compulsory 14 days quarantine as mandated by NCDC and Federal Ministry of Health,’’a tweet by NIDCOM said.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

- Advertisement -

Latest News

COVID-19 transmission: NCDC blames youths, says responsible for fatalities of the aged 

  The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has blamed youths for the transmission of Coronavirus and infecting the elderly across...

NSITF MD, Executive Directors, others given the boot 

  The Managing Director/Chief Executive of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), Mr Adebayo Somefun, has been suspended indefinitely on the orders of President...

NNPC allays fears of fire outbreak on vandalized Lagos pipeline  

  The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has allayed the fears of Lagos residents of a possible fire outbreak from a vandalized point on its...

Breaking: COVID-19 fatality: Ondo State Health Commissioner, Dr Wahab Adegbenro, dies 

  Two days after Ondo State Gov. Rotimi Akeredolu tested positive for Coronavirus, the Health Commissioner, Dr Wahab Adegbenro, has died.   Adegbenro, who died at the...

Hushpuppi extradited to U.S. to face cyberfraud, identity-theft and money-laundering charges

    Raymond Igbalode Abbas, known as "Hushpuppi" has been extradited from Dubai to Washington, DC to face charges of money laundering and fraud.   One Olalekan Jacob Ponle...

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -