34 C
Abuja
Sunday, February 23, 2020

Liverpool chief executive says no plans to sign Philippe Coutinho

Must Read

What You Need to Know About Robert O’Brien New U.S National Security Adviser

    President Donald Trump recently appointed Robert C. O'Brien as the new U.S National Security Adviser, NSA.   Trump  revealed last week...

” The king has returned to the top, says Fury after defeating Wilder

  The 31-year-old Briton twice knocked down reigning champion Wilder before finally claiming victory in the seventh round when the...

SERAP, others sue Gbajabiamila, Reps over ‘plan to spend N5.04bn on 400 exotic cars’  

  The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) and 192 concerned Nigerians have filed a lawsuit asking the Federal High...

 

Liverpool chief executive Peter Moore has appeared to distance the club from a reunion with Philippe Coutinho by suggesting that the midfielder would no longer fit their style of play under Jurgen Klopp.

“If you recall, when he left two years ago, then it was a complete change of style of play and we [hardly] lost a game over the balance of the season.

“No disrespect to Philippe but he had a different style of play…The money came in and the money we got from Barcelona then helped fund Alisson Becker.”

Coutinho spent five years at Anfield before making the move to FC Barcelona in January 2018 for a fee which could rise to as much as £142million.

The 27-year-old struggled to make an impact in his first 18 months at the Camp Nou and joined German champions Bayern Munich on loan last summer.

He has been similarly underwhelming in the Bundesliga, however, making just 12 league starts out of a possible 21.

Bayern have supposedly already decided they will not trigger their buy option, which is reportedly set at €120m.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

What You Need to Know About Robert O’Brien New U.S National Security Adviser

    President Donald Trump recently appointed Robert C. O'Brien as the new U.S National Security Adviser, NSA.   Trump  revealed last week...

” The king has returned to the top, says Fury after defeating Wilder

  The 31-year-old Briton twice knocked down reigning champion Wilder before finally claiming victory in the seventh round when the American's corner threw in the...

SERAP, others sue Gbajabiamila, Reps over ‘plan to spend N5.04bn on 400 exotic cars’  

  The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) and 192 concerned Nigerians have filed a lawsuit asking the Federal High Court in Abuja to “restrain...

Saving Lives : NNPC Donates Tissue Transplant Medical Equipment Worth Over N200M to Kano Teaching Hospital

  The Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation (NNPC) donated tissue typing and cross match laboratory equipment worth over N200 million to the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH)...

How notorious SARS officers killed footballer in Ogun

Remo Stars Football Club (RSFC) Assistant Captain and Defender, Tiyamu Kazeem (Kaka) has been killed by a policeman from the Special Anti Robbery Squad...

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -