Mohammed Lai
Top Story

Dacha Update: Search for kidnapped girls extended to neighbouring countries

761


The ongoing search for the 110 girls who were abducted from the Government Girls Science and Technical College (GGSTC), Dapchi, Yobe State, has been extended to the neighbouring countries, the Federal Government said Friday.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Friday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said top military and security officials on Thursday travelled to the North-east to add more urgency to the search, which has now been extended beyond the North-east theatre.

The officials include the nation’s top military officer and Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas; Chief of Army Staff; Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai and the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Alhaji Lawal Daura.

They joined the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who had earlier relocated to the North-east, as well as the National Security Adviser (NSA), Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (Rtd), who has also visited the theatre.

 

Author

See also  DSS DG calls for more security at northeast schools in address to President Buhari

Leave a comment

Related Articles

NNPC Questions Dangote Refinery’s Capacity To Solely Meet Nigeria’s Fuel Demand

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited has accused the Dangote Petroleum Refinery...

NPA MD Dantsoho Calls for Urgent Modernization of West Africa’s Ports

By Joycelyn Ellakeche Adah Ships are expanding, cargo loads are heavy, and...

Tinubu Not Renaming Nigeria or Scrapping Sharia, Presidency Fires Back at Viral Fake News

The Presidency on Thursday dismissed as “false, dangerous and provocative” a viral...

Breaking: Court Voids INEC’s Shortened Timelines for 2027 Party Primaries, Candidate Substitution

By Omoyeni Ojeifo An Abuja Federal High Court has ruled that INEC...