Effective Date: June 1, 2017.
The Sites contain links to websites hosted by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) about you.
- Changes to This Policy
- Information We Collect About You
Per Second News gathers information about its users mainly to enhance their experience on the Sites. This information is used to bring you content that is relevant to your interests. Additionally, Per Second News, along with our advertising partners, collects information about you anonymously to provide you with targeted advertising messages that are catered to your location, interests, and the Sites behaviors. You can opt out of information gathering for advertising purposes with certain of our third-party partners below. This collected information includes 1) personal information you provide to us and 2) non-personal information we automatically collect through technology.
- Personal Information You Provide To Per Second Communications
When using the Sites, you may provide us with PII, including but not limited to:
- Personal contact information (name, zip code, e-mail address, and phone numbers)
- User names (including social media user names)
- Correspondence with our staff
You may also provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Sites (“User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the Sites at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites who view your User Contributions or with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you are a Registered User and under the age of 18 years old, Business Insider allows you to request removal of your User Contributions.
You are not required to provide Per Second News with any PII in order to use the Sites. Certain PII you provide to us can be updated through the account settings of registered users. PII that is collected is the sole property of Per Second Communications, and that information is not distributed to third parties unless required by law.
- Non-Personal Information We Automatically Collect About You
This type of information is collected anonymously through the use of technology, such as third-party cookies, web beacons, and other similar methods. No PII is collected through these methods. Non-personal information we automatically collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Hardware/software information (geographic location, IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, bandwidth, etc.)
- Analytics information (time spent on the Sites, number of pages viewed, referring web page, browsing information, social sharing, etc.)
- Advertising information (type of ads seen, number of times ads were served, pages where the ads were served, etc.)
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Some of the technology used includes but is not limited to:
Web beacons: The Sites content may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Per Second Communications, for example, to count users who have accessed the Sites and for other related statistics, for example, recording the popularity of certain Sites’s content and verifying system and server integrity.
- Information Third-Parties Collect About You
This type of information is collected anonymously by approved third-party partners (such as online marketing firms, research companies, social media companies, ad targeting firms, and other partners). None of the information collected by these sources contains any PII. Information third parties collect about you includes but is not limited to:
- Demographic information (gender, age, HHI, job title, interests, etc.)
- Advertising information (clicks, interactions, post-impression performance data)
- Social networking information (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- What Is Done With The Collected Information?
Sites Content: Together with our partners we work to provide you with content that is relevant and personalized to your reading interests.
Email Communications: We may use the information that you submit to send you email communications, such as newsletters, breaking news, information about the Sites, alerts, and promotional messages from advertising partners.
Sites Analysis: Business Insider uses the information collected through third-party sources to learn and analyze how the Sites are used. We use this information to enhance the Sites by making improvements based on the data collected.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your PII with third party service providers to provide you with the Business Insider products that we offer you through our Sites. You expressly consent to the sharing of your PII with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you.
- How We Share Information Collected
There are very few specific circumstances when your information is shared outside of the company. These circumstances include but are not limited to:
- If you post User Contributions or use social media applications in conjunction with the Sites, the information you submit (including your social media user name) is viewable to the public.
- We may need to disclose PII to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or any other legal process.
- We employ third-party services to distribute email newsletters, and these third-parties have access to specific information only for the purposes of fulfilling contracts on our behalf.
Per Second News uses commercially reasonable controls to safeguard data against unauthorized use and theft.
- By using and reading Per Second News you consent to receiving our Newsletters.
- Contact Us