Woman slashes friend’s face with blade for doubting her child’s paternity
The accused, who hawks sachet water, was arraigned on a charge of unlawful assault, but pleaded not guilty.
Sgt. Jimah Iseghede told the court that the accused committed the offence on April 18, at about 11.15 a.m., at Jebba Pako Estate, Okobaba in Ebute Meta.
Iseghede told the court that the accused claimed that the complainant, Wunmi Ajoke, had alleged that her husband was not the father of her new born child.
He said that the accused had, consequently, used a sharp blade to slash the face of Ajoke for daring to call her promiscuous.
Police say the accused had contravened Section 173 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The Magistrate, Miss Tolu Idowu, admitted the accused to N100,000 bail with two responsible sureties in like sum and adjourned the case till May 15.
- Former Minister of Aviation Prof Babalola Borishade dies after brief illness
- Buhari needs rest, now treat files at home - Lai Mohammed
- Trump Administration shows disdain for Africa in botched meeting with African Union chairman
- VIDEO: Ooni of Ife is left hanging as he goes to greet Oba of Lagos
- Lock Him Up: Group Renew Calls for Andy Uba's Perjury Charges
Please enter youtube id.