We are witnessing the death of the PDP, says former Enugu governor Sullivan Chime
“We have two groups claiming to be in charge of the party as chairman. These two, none of them can actually lay claim to the chairmanship of the party.
“There is no provision in PDP’s Constitution for interim caretaker committee led by Sen. Ahmed Maikarfi.
“The PDP convention has no power to set up a caretaker committee and did not seek to amend the party’s constitution,” he stated.
He said that he could not explain why INEC had not deregistered the PDP.
“It is surprising or maybe INEC has not deregistered the PDP because the organisation is no longer working in tandem with the constitution that created it.
“The PDP as originally formed has been cremated and no serious-minded politician will remain in it.
“If those still remaining feel strongly about coming together they can come back, secure de-registration of the party and then form another party.”
Chime said, however, that he had yet to join another political party, contrary to speculations that he had defected to the APC.
- Defamation: Court adjourns indefinitely on Odili's suit against Peterside
- 'Immeasurable, indispensable': NNPC Praises Role of Legislature in Oil & Gas Industry
- Use what we make, make what we use-By Bola Tinubu
- Senators in latest stall tactics, suspends confirmation of INEC's RECS over Buhari's refusal to remove Magu
- Sambisa Forest: Boko Haram's Stronghold in Nigeria Falls
Please enter youtube id.